Measurements: 4 health metrics – bone mass, muscle mass, water weight and body fat
Maximum Weight: 400 lbs. capacity
Design: elegant, nice looking product, defined by clear-cut, modern lines.
- You can sync your individual records regarding your fitness objectives with your phone.
- The product is secure: up to eight different users can install the app – Weight Gurus – free of charge, on their phone. Afterward, the scale will proceed to sync the results securely and separately, without sending it to other devices.
- 5-year warranty
- The device runs on 4 AAA batteries, which are included in the original price of the machine.
- A smartphone isn’t required for using the scale, but the app is available on both Android and iOS devices.
Scale Accuracy: 4/5
- It is compatible with various apps, including My Fitness Pal, FitBit, etc.
- The app is easy to install and use. Having an app to record progress is a critical feature for tracking fitness goals and progress.
- Bright, large LCD, which is easy to read.
- 8 users can sync their fitness data securely without other users being able to view the data.
- Some users have had issues with their Bluetooth connectivity.
- There is some difficulty syncing to Fitbit. The only way to transfer your data to Fitbit is by opening the Weight Gurus application in first, and then moving it over to Fitbit, which can be a nuisance.
Pairing the machine with the companion app is fairly effortless. iOS users should have no trouble, but for Android 6.0 users make sure your location is turned on in order to link the scale to the app. This is not mentioned in the instructions.
After the scale is connected to the app, you setup your profile, and transferring data is simple from there. All you have to do is turn on Bluetooth, pair, and step on the scale. The scale will automatically transfer your information to the app privately.
Our measurements were consistent for weight and body fat, although some other customers have stated that the scale doesn’t zero out properly unless you first put some weight on it, step off, and then step back on for a second reading. This appears to be isolated to a small number of users though.
The app, which can be downloaded from both iTunes and Google Play, is easy to use. Entries in the Weight Gurus app can be saved, deleted or transferred to other services like Fitbit or Google Fit. Attractive graphs are available within the app to help track progress over time, in addition to the many fitness tracking features available in the other compatible services. Some users report issues with Fitbit compatibility, but it seems this has been resolved by an update to the app.
Overall, this is a very attractive and accurate scale with a feature set that dwarfs most others in this price range. Our testing showed consistent results, and the multiple different fitness tracking apps make it extremely easy to monitor progress and spot potential outliers or bad readings and remove them from the data set. Combine that with excellent customer service, and you have yourself a winner.