Measurements: weight, bone and muscle mass, hydration levels, BMR, BMI, body age, body fat.
Maximum Weight: 180 kg / 396 lbs. maximum capacity
Design: compact, sleek design – the sheer definition of modernity.
- The scale features Bluetooth connectivity and a smartphone app compatible with iOS and Android.
- 16 different users can track their progress using the scale.
- The machine is equipped with smart step-on technology – no need to tap or switch on the device prior to using it.
Scale Accuracy: 4/5
- Scale is compatible with the Apple health app.
- Sleek, attractive design.
- Provides detailed statistics and graphs to help you easily monitor your progress.
- The scale and app are user friendly.
- Great customer support.
- Readings are sometimes inconsistent, especially for lean athletes.
- Requires some initial setup time to configure your profile.
- It lacks Wi-Fi connectivity.
Before using the scale for the very first time, you’ll be required to run a set-up process which encompasses answering a range of questions concerning gender, height, weight goal, and so on. After that, using the scale is simple and provides mostly accurate results. It is important to make sure the scale is on a hard, flat surface and that when taking readings your weight is center balanced. It also helps to take measurements at the same time of the day every day, preferably on an empty stomach. This can help to reduce some of the noise reported by many users.
One of the primary advantages of the product is that it’s equipped with bluetooth connectivity and fitness tracking apps. The moment you step on the scale it connects to the app, which is available for Android and iOS devices. In a couple of seconds, the device will measure your weight, bone mass, hydration level, body fat percentage, and so on. The app is fairly intuitive to use, but it does take some time to get used to.
In our testing, the weight measurements were very accurate, the others less so. As with all scales of this nature the readings are estimates and you will see some inconsistencies. For this reason, it is important to take many readings over time in order to see trends and reduce the signal to noise ratio.
All in all, this is a good quality scale for this price range. Not many scales in the lower price points offer smart phone connectivity and fitness tracking apps, making this a good value for those on a budget. Accuracy isn’t it’s greatest feature, but it does provide good enough data to track progress over time and it is visually appealing across the board.