Measurements: body fat percentage, body mass index (BMI), lean mass, weight
Maximum weight: 350 lbs. /159 kg
Design: very attractive and modern, edgy design. Built with durable materials. Comes in black and white.
- The scale enables you to keep track of your weight, body mass index, body fat percentage, and lean mass.
- The device syncs easily with the Fitbit app, helping you establish goals track progress over time using various charts and graphs.
- The scale is equipped with both bluetooth and Wi-Fi making it easy to transfer your data to the app or to fitbit.com.
- The device recognizes 8 users and maintains their individual information privately.
Scale Accuracy: 4/5
- Edgy, appealing design;
- The scale provides you with a reading in 5 seconds.
- Automatically detects your profile and syncs data quickly.
- The Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity features worked without issue.
- The Fitbit website and mobile app are some of the best fitness tracking tools in the industry.
- The scale is sensitive to weight balance, must be center balanced and on a flat hard surface.
- Very sensitive to water weight distribution.
- Higher cost than many other body fat scales on the market.
- Some users report inconsistent readings over a short time period.
The weighing process takes no more than five seconds which is better than most, but it can be finicky. In our testing the results are consistent over time, but there are a number of things that can throw it off. A couple of things to keep an eye on: 1) the surface its on; 2) your distribution of weight (must be perfectly centered); 3) how much water you've consumed that day and when; 4) if you are wearing any metallic jewelry.
To get the most accurate readings be sure the scale is on a hard flat surface, your weight is perfectly centered with your feet lined up on the sensors, and any metal jewelry is removed. As with all BIA scales, you should weight yourself at the same time of day every day, preferably on an empty stomach. If you drink a lot of water before weighing, this can throw off the reading. All these variables remaining constant, we received mostly accurate readings over time with this scale.
The best part about Fitbit tracking is that even if you get an inaccurate reading from time to time, the data is all stored online and outliers can be removed to maintain a consistent trend. At the end of the day, it’s the long term trend that matters the most and not day to day fluctuations. Aria automatically syncs to your Fitbit dashboard at each weigh-in making it very easy to stay on track and keep yourself motivated.
On a whole, this is a very well designed scale with a nice feature set, but ease of use and the Fitbit fitness tracking apps are where it excels. While it is relatively expensive compared to competing scales, this is still a good value for those who value simplicity.