Measurements: body fat percentage, body mass index (BMI), visceral fat, skeletal muscle, and body weight.
Maximum weight: 330 pounds
Design: neat appearance, the color combination of white and gray fits all kinds of backgrounds.
- Measures the 5 most important fitness incidators, including body mass index, visceral fat, body fat percentage, body weight and skeletal muscle.
- Uses sensors in the hands and feet for more accurate readings.
- The LCD is large for easy reading.
- It’s equipped with an additional retractable cord, which is for users whose height is up to 6’ 6 3/4”.
Scale accuracy: 4/5
- The design of the scale is neat and looks professional.
- State-of-the-art technology with multiple sensors for upper and lower body.
- Lower cost than other similar body composition monitors.
- Can track up to four user profiles.
- Scale readings can be inconsistent if not used very carefully. Scale has to be on a hard, completely level surface. Even the tiniest variation may result in an error of measurement.
- Some users report inaccurate body fat percentage readings. Could be attributed to sensitivity to the amount of water in the body at time of reading.
- It has to be turned on and off by pushing a button at the back of the scale. No step-on technology.
- The product doesn’t allow setting of different body types.
In order to combat this, Omron’s retractable cord measures both hands and feet, diminishing the influence of water placement in the body. With scales that only take measurements from the feet, the placement of water in the upper or lower body can effect results.
While the product is fairly easy to use, the on/off button isn’t convenient. And taking measurements using both the hands and feet requires a little more effort than just stepping on a scale.
Some customers have reported significant discrepancies in accuracy. This seems to be common with just about any body composition monitor, although this being a high end device, it is unclear if this is due to some buyers receiving a defective product or using it improperly. Regardless, it is necessary to know the limitations of this type of product, and understand that results over time are more important than day to day fluctuations.
The bottom line is that during our testing, this product did deliver very consistent readings, but it also lacks some important features like bluetooth connectivity and fitness tracking apps.