When it comes to weightlifting, you might want to consider getting yourself a weightlifting belt. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, there are many advantages to sporting one of these belts. This includes helping provide more support, preventing back injury, as well as preventing hernias. It goes without saying that weightlifting puts a lot of stress on the body, which is why weightlifting belts have become quite popular among the community.
While you might be thinking it’s a good idea for you to get a weightlifting belt, sometimes the hardest part is deciding what belt to choose. There are many brands to consider, as well as things like the material and type of strap system a belt has. If you want to learn all about how to choose the right belt for you, then you should read our weightlifting belt guide. Right now, however, we will be going over the Padded Leather Weightlifting Belt by Harbinger. This is a popular choice among weightlifters and we’ll see why in just a moment.
- Padded leather 6 inch weightlifting belt with contoured design for added comfort.
- Interior foam cushioning and suede lining offer enhanced comfort. Belt double stitched for extra durability
- Extra-wide 6 inch width stabilizes back and core during heavy lifting; genuine leather offers superior support and helps maintain proper posture
- Heavy-duty dual prong steel roller buckle secures tensioning to maintain a snug fit
- For sizing: please refer to size chart and sizing video. Do not use pant size to determine the size of your belt
With 6 inches of width, this Harbinger brand belt offers great stability for your back as well as your core. Not only does it provide stabilizing compression, but it also is a great posture support. The genuine leather also does well in providing the necessary support your back needs to stay in good condition. Sizing is available from 23 inches, all the way up to 48 inches, meaning it can be used by people of many sizes. Both men and women, as well as adults and those who are younger, will be able to wear this belt.
The Good:The Harbinger Padded Leather Weightlifting Belt is favored by many for the most part. Some of the best things about the belt include:
- Being made of real, genuine leather that is durable
- A belt buckle made of steel for durability
- Padded suede interior for a luxurious and comfortable fit
- Wide, 6 inch back support
The Bad:With all great things, there are usually some downsides. While for most people this belt has been pretty reliable, there are many complaints regarding the belt being too thin and tearing easily. We didn't have this problem, but we also didn't get to test it over the long term.
Another thing is that the sizing tends to run small. So keep in mind that if you are on the larger end of the size you plan on getting, you may want to go a size up. Aside from that, we were genuinely pleased with this belt.