Your belly is one of the most common areas where fat is stored, depending on your body type, and it is one of the most challenging areas to slim down. While engaging in physical exercise on a regular basis and following a healthy diet plan can help, it’s not always enough, especially for those genetically predisposed to store fat in the midsection. That’s where waist trimmers can give you an added boost.
Don’t have time to read the whole article? Our research concluded that these are the top 5 best waist trimmer belts for your money:
A waist trimmer is typically made of neoprene or similar materials and is strapped around your midsection (not your waist, as the name suggests). This serves 2 main purposes. First, it causes you to sweat in the covered area, helping you drop
Table of Contents
How to Use a Waist Trimmer Belt
Using a waist trimmer properly isn’t rocket science. In most cases you simply open the case, unroll it, wrap it around your abdominal area, and fasten it. Most waist trimmers use velcro to fasten, making it easily adjustable for people of different sizes and making it so you don’t have to buy a new size once you lose the weight.
For those with sensitive
Waist Trimmer Benefits
Wearing a waist trimmer is meant to trim your abdominal region. They are usually manufactured from thick neoprene fabric, which is durable, comfortable and lightweight. It is recommended to wear the trimmer while performing your typical workout routine. Its objective is to retain the heat from the abdomen while aiding you to sweat the water weight which is usually kept in that area.
Manufacturers affirm that wearing a waist trimmer belt can diminish the body weight since the extra heat applied in the midsection and lower back eliminates the water weight that is holding you down.
Back Support While Training
Those dealing with spine and back pain are often instructed to use a waist trimmer while working out for the purpose of supporting their
Compression plays an important part in physiotherapy. Wearing a trimmer belt can have a favorable impact on your overall health, especially for those with lower back problems. For those people a waist trimmer gives the extra support if you need to sit straight up and reduce the pressure you feel on your back.
A waist trimmer is not only a good reminder that you need to eat better and exercise properly, but wearing one on a consistent basis can keep you feeling fuller for longer. Similar to how a lap-band surgery shrinks the stomach, making it so you can’t eat as much, a waist trimmer compresses the area and provides a similar effect without invasive surgery.
Ease of Use
Another good thing about waist trimmer belts is that you can wear them any time, anywhere (assuming you’ve purchased a quality belt that is comfortable to wear). Not only can they help you in the gym, but you can wear it under your clothes while you are at work, just sitting in front of your computer. This not only keeps you from slouching and will make you feel less hungry throughout the day, but you’ll shed excess water weight without having to workout at all.
Good posture is not only important for your apppearnce and self-confidence, but it has health benefits as well. Studies have shown that those who slouch and have poor posture tend to suffer from a variety of health problems. And while a waist trimmer belt isn’t specifically designed for posture, it defnitely does the trick. Espeically for those with lower back issues.
The Best Waist Trimmers of 2019
Sweet Sweat Waist Trimmer
- Increases your core heat levels during workouts, leading to increased sweat. As expected, this accelerates the process of eliminating toxins and reducing fat, leaving you with a well-defined midsection
- Comes with a Sweet Sweat Workout Enhancer that, when applied to your ab area, will further increase your sweat, making for a solid combination with the waist trimmer.
- Flexible shape and material. It can fit on various waist sizes, and it is easy to adjust. Simply stretch it until you find the most comfortable level that still keeps it tight on your abs and secure in its place.
- High-quality materials. Made from neoprene, this waist trimmer ensures maximum sweating on your body, while repelling any moisture from getting absorbed into the belt material itself. This ensures proper hygiene and efficiency – you don’t want the trimmer’s functionality to be affected by outside influences.
- Large and medium sizes available.
- It does the job advertised. The waist trimmer really serves to enhance sweating when exercising. This means that the benefits are increased as well, letting you gain more from the regular workouts
- A bottle of Sweet Sweat Workout Enhancer is included, letting you achieve the maximum efficiency when combining it with the belt. This means that you can lose weight faster with both these products.
- Comfortable. The belt is very flexible and easy to fit all sizes. Once secured, it stays in place while still allowing the users to move comfortably during their exercises.
- Excellent body detoxification. Sweat is one of the ways your body uses to eliminate toxins and this belt accelerates the process. Regular use will make you healthier not just in terms of weight, but it will keep your body clean on the inside.
- Fast results. A few weeks of daily use should be enough to see weight loss progress. Needless to say, that is if your diet is healthy and you are not consuming more calories than you are burning.
- Difficult to wash well. The belt has an odor on its materials that
becomeseven stronger once it mixes with body sweat. We didn’t manage to remove it in any way .
- Can cause skin irritations in some cases. Leave it for a few minutes on your skin, during light exercises before starting using it for extended periods of time.
- More expensive than the competition.
The Sweet Sweat Premium Waist Trimmer performs quite well where it matters the most. When used during regular workouts, you do have the benefits of increased body temperature in your abdominal area: more sweating in the target area, faster weight loss, better detox and a slimmer midsection. The workout enhancer cream included does a solid job as well.
This trimmer is also very comfortable. The belt is flexible and easy to fit all sizes. Once secured, it stays in place while still allowing the users to move comfortably during their workout. You can tell as soon as you put it on that it is made of quality materials that will last.
The negatives are fairly insignificant compared to the positives. The price is higher than many competitors, but it can be explained by the superior materials used. And while it does have an odor that is hard to wash off, it is something we can get over since the core function is done right. I found that the smell dissipates after several uses.
ActiveGear Waist Trimmer
- Training belt – it is specially engineered in order to aid one to lose
weight,and boost the functioning of the metabolism . Thebelt is designed to preserve the ideal temperature in the abdominal area.
- The lightweight material repels moisture and prevents bacteria build-up.
- The weight loss wrap increases the body temperature, which contributes to trimming, eliminating excess sweat and water during physical exercising.
- Engineered for physical activities.
- Stimulates water weight loss
- It enhances the blood circulation
- You benefit from guaranteed back support
- Well-made, durable material
- The one size fits all approach wasn’t suitable for all customers; some found it too long and bulky.
- The product doesn’t come with a set of comprehensive instructions helpful for the user.
- The Velcro can cause damage to clothes while wearing the trimmer.
The trimmer comes in a single size which is supposed to fit everyone. However, some customers found this not to be the case. For shorter, more petite women, you may find this to be too large.
The material is durable and of good quality. We found it to be pretty comfortable as far as waist trimmers go, but it does cause some itchiness at first while you’re breaking it in. The smell of the belt is also unpleasant, but after a while, it wears off. People with sensitive skin shouldn’t place it directly on the skin.
In a nutshell, this waist trimmer provides great quality for the money and is one of the more popular on the market. The thickness of the material may make it uncomfortable to wear underneath certain clothes, but that isn’t unique to this brand. It is also one of the better options we’ve found when it comes to back support/improving posture.
TNT Waist Trimmer
- Excellent tool that will enhance the health benefits that regular exercise brings you. This waist trimmer will significantly increase the sweating of your abdominal area, leading to faster weight loss.
- Available in more sizes than usually seen in the industry. Each person is different and, while adjustments go a long way towards ensuring a comprehensive solution, there can really be no size that fits all.
- Increased wideness that ensures cover for the whole midsection. It is important to leave no part of your abs unexposed to the health benefits of this trimmer.
- Ensures better detox for your body. Increased sweating means that more toxins get eliminated faster, making this one of the best items to use on a regular basis.
- Uses a special anti-slip technology that prevents sliding during workouts.
- Moisture repellent material that prevents bacteria from the sweat get absorbed. This means no odor will get trapped inside after exercising.
- The product does a good job of causing your midsection to sweat intensely, as any waist trimmer should. This ensures that the benefits of such a product are there – you will lose weight faster and have an improved detox of your body.
- The wideness is well-suited to cover the entire midsection.
- The product stays quite well in place.
- The fastener seems to wear down quickly. After a few weeks of regular use, the velcro and the material that it grabs began to show signs of wearing down. We were quite sure they wouldn’t last for more than a month of regular use after that point. Although we always took care in how we used the product, the velcro seemed fragile enough to begin malfunctioning regardless of our actions.
- Contrary to what the company states, the belt’s interior starts to catch a rubbery smell quickly.
- The seams of the belt looked quite fragile as well, leading us to believe they wouldn’t last long. Reading opinions of other customers, we noticed cases where the stitching broke after only a few uses.
- Very stiff and uncomfortable. The belt did not offer the necessary flexibility during exercise, making it very difficult to do much while wearing it.
In the past, this product had some quality control issues that made it difficult to properly review. When we tested it, the quality seemed good enough but this was only over a one week period and there were many other customers reporting problems. The most common complaints are that the velcro doesn’t last and that the materials start falling apart after a few months.
The vast majority of customers had a good experience, and it worked out just fine over our limited testing period (other than the unpleasant odor), but use some caution and be on the lookout for points of failure.
Bracoo Waist Trimmer
- Increases the temperature of the body in the abdominal area, which enhances the right functioning of the metabolism.
- Professionally created in order to absorb body heat in the waist area, to eliminate excess water weight during physical exercise, while deterring heat strokes.
- Uniform compression applied on the core area, which further protects the lower back and abdominal muscles from strain and fatigue.
- The 7.5 x 37″ high-quality belt is fitted for up to 40″ in waist size. Equipped with Velcro closure which is easy to adjust and fits with different customer needs.
- Corrects posture
- Boosts blood circulation
- Contributes to the elimination of water weight
- Promotes weight loss
- The waist trimmer is adjustable, and it fits any figure
- Easy to clean
- It accumulates sweat when you wear it for an extended period, and the temperatures are high.
- The Velcro strap is made of a rough material, which makes it rather uncomfortable.
- The Velcro strap isn’t durable, and it wears off in time, as noted by other customers.
- Wearing the waist trimmer can be rather uncomfortable, according to some customers.
- It restricts your ability to bend, move, and even exercise.
This is probably the best waist trimmer on the low end of the price range. It certainly lacks in some areas in comparison to the more expensive brands, but if you’re looking for a decent trimmer and are on a budget, this is a good option.
As many other reviewers noticed, the velcro does wear out relatively quickly and doesn’t secure quite as well as some other options out there. It also doesn’t provide as much back support as I’d like, but this is somewhat subjective.
McDavid Waist Trimmer
- Helps enhance weight loss during cardio exercises. As expected, the belt goes around your abdominal area, increasing temperature and sweating, which leads to faster removal of excess weight.
- Improved muscle performance. The concept of warm ups improving your body’s behavior during exercise holds true in this case. Users will feel a constant warm sensation from this belt which will lead to improved stamina and strength.
- Versatile size. This waist trimmer can be easily adjusted to fit any waist size up to 40 inches in diameter.
- Ensures good posture. The belt provides excellent support for the lower abdominal and back muscles.
- Improves your body’s ability to detox during workouts. The enhanced sweatiness of your abs means faster elimination of toxins, in larger quantities.
- Excellent materials. Made using Latex-free neoprene, and provides the ideal thermal properties and flexibility that you need when exercising.
- Effective at providing the benefits advertised when you exercise. This belt significantly enhances your midsection’s ability to sweat, leading to faster detox and weight loss.
- Encourages proper posture while still offering you the flexibility needed to exercise. The lower back support, in particular, was very pleasing.
- Materials are high quality. We felt comfortable with this belt during our regular workouts.
- Very good price – quality ratio.
- Good build quality; seems like the product could last for a long time.
- Persistent rubber odor that is hard to remove.
- May cause skin irritation in some people. This obviously varies from case to case, so we recommend testing it for a few minutes at a time before deciding to use it in demanding workouts.
- It doesn’t specifically train your waist by itself; it needs the user to follow a good diet and exercise plan in order to make a difference.
- No items but the belt in the package
If there is one thing that can be said of the McDavid Waist Trimmer, it’s that it offers an excellent value for its price range. The materials used are those typically found in premium products. Made of neoprene, the belt ensures good sweat enhancing properties, as is promised in advertisements. It stays snug throughout your workout, and although it isn’t as comfortable as some others, it feels like it will last.
Working out while wearing it is still relatively comfortable: we had a good level of flexibility for all the basic exercises we tried. It is relatively stiff, which can be considered good or bad. It does a great job of ensuring proper posture, helping you keep your back straight while not majorly interfering with your natural movements. It has all the core features of a good waist trimmer.
One thing that we had a problem with when it came to this trimmer was its strong rubber odor. We did try to wash it off with several products that would not damage the material but had no success. It is also not as comfortable as some of the more expensive trimmers that we’ve tried. This issue may be even more noticeable for taller users, since it is relatively short in length. I don’t imagine this would cover the whole torso area of anyone over 5’9″. That said, these are minor inconveniences when considering this is a sub-$15 product.
For those on a budget looking for a low-cost waist trimmer that won’t fall apart, this is a great option for you.
Just Fitter Waist Trainer
- It supports the midsection, as well as lower back while improving your posture.
- It improves your cardio performance, and it generates sweating in your core and stomach.
- It is recommended to be worn while exercising, as it promotes good posture and sweating.
- Diminishes post-workout soreness.
- The trimmer is made of high-quality, soft material
- The trimmer is easy to adjust
- Easy to clean
- Reasonable price
- You can conceal it easily
- Some report that it didn’t provide them with maximum support, as the material was too soft and stretchy.
- Trimmer can become itchy, particularly after many hours of wearing it.
- Sometimes fails to stay in place while exercising.
- Strong, unpleasant odor.
The waist trimmer comes with a stingy, rather unpleasant odor, as outlined by customers. Nonetheless, in order to get rid of the unusual smell, all you have to do is follow the instructions in the manual, hand-wash the product with soap, and that smell will vanish into thin air.
The trimmer is made of soft Neoprene and the Velcro is durable. However, this particular trimmer can fall out of place, particularly during vigorous exercise. The fact that the material is so soft has its pros and cons.
The matter of comfort vs rigidity is of significant importance when it comes to a waist trimmer. This one, I believe, falls too far on the soft side which makes it comfortable, but it doesn’t provide as much support as other trimmers. Whether this is a problem for you will probably depend on your height and body type. Across the board, most customers reported that, after a couple of hours, the waist trimmer leads to itchiness, which is a downside no matter what.
In a nutshell, this trimmer is a decent purchase at a pretty good price range. Not the best, but certainly not the worst.
Reformer Athletics Waist Trimmer
- Excellent equipment to use during workouts in order to increase weight loss. This works by increasing your midsection’s temperature, causing it to sweat intensively. In return, you will eliminate excess water quicker.
- Ensures improved detox of your body when used on a regular basis. Sweat is one of the main ways that the body uses to eliminate toxins. Enhancing that ability during exercise can only lead to better health overall.
- Improves blood circulation in your abdominal area.
- High-quality material (neoprene) that will prevent odors and slipping.
- Excellent lower back support.
- Comes with an adjustable velcro smartphone sleeve plus a guide regarding protein shakes indicated for detoxifying your body.
- Highly adjustable. The belt is just as good for thin waists as it is for those up to 44 inches in diameter.
- Very flexible and comfortable during exercises, while still helping keep proper posture.
- Provides intense sweating in your abdominal area during workouts, as advertised. The product is well indicated if you want to lose weight faster and have a better body detox.
- Helps you maintain a good posture, while still offering good flexibility in your workouts.
- Excellent strength for the velcro. We didn’t have to worry at all about it opening by accident when exercising.
- Quite comfortable
- Includes adjustable smartphone case
- Very strong odor from its own materials, similar to paint or chemicals, even before using it. Therefore, we can’t blame it on sweat amplifying it. Not to mention that the product is specifically advertised by the manufacturer to be smell-free even after extended use.
- Not wide enough. The belt more often than not did not cover the entire midsection and, before you say it may have been an isolated case, we tested it on people of different measurements only to reach the same conclusion.
- You may have to tighten the belt periodically. The flexibility of the belt makes it eventually go into a more loose state than what you set it at.
The Waist Trimmer Ab Belt by Reformer is quite an interesting product, having both strong points that make it very easy to recommend and weaknesses that may put off some customers.
When it comes to the workout effect itself, it is as good as it can be. The belt makes you sweat intensely in the area it covers. We do, however, have a problem with that specific aspect. The belt could be a little wider, as it does not fully cover the upper abs if you’re taller.
We did like the comfort this belt provided for the most part: good flexibility, excellent posture support and light enough; we felt quite well during our workouts. What bothered us was that we had to keep tightening it after a while.
Another complaint we have to mention is the strong chemical odor of this equipment. Depending on the person, it may be a big turn-off, seeing how it can easily fill an entire room. It fades with time but we have not managed to eliminate it.
Does a Waist Trimmer Help With Weight Loss?
Although the results people get after wearing the trimmer vary, this product is known to contribute to weight loss. As mentioned above, the weight loss determined by the waist trimmer may be related to the surplus of water weight. Hence, weight loss results may be temporary if you don’t have a healthy lifestyle, and you don’t exercise on a regular basis.
The belt keeps your stomach tight while working out, and contributes to toning your muscles. Some individuals indicate that wearing the trimmer can aid one eliminate harmful body toxins, as you sweat excessively. Nonetheless, all in all, a waist trimmer can assist you to lose weight, but you need to have a balanced diet, and follow proper exercise regimen for consistent, long-lasting results.
How to Use a Waist Trimmer Properly
Ideally, you should use the waist trimmer against your skin. In other words, you should remove upper body clothing. Simply wrap the trimmer around your waist, and make sure that the thick part of the belt fits in your back. Next, stretch the belt, and fix it around your stomach. Fasten after you’ve secured the trimmer.
It’s highly recommended to engage in your workout routine while wearing the belt. That will contribute to keeping your midsection heated. Wearing the trimmer may cause dehydration. Therefore, it’s important to drink lots of water during your workout. In the case in which you feel dizzy or dehydrated, take a break and drink a fresh glass of water.