Measurements: body weight, body water, BMI (body mass index), muscle mass, BMR (KCAL), visceral fat, bone mass
Maximum weight: 180kg / 400lb
Design: compact, modern design featuring impact resistant tempered glass and a 3.3 inch LED display
- It’s equipped with state-of-the-art step-on technology, so no need to turn on or tap the scale in order to use it. The device provides you with an immediate readout.
- Durable tempered glass, built to handle up to 400lbs.
- The scale comes with a dedicated IOS and Android App. Supports Android 4.3 and IOS 8.0 or higher only.
- Auto-recognition for 10 user profiles.
- It is furnished with four high-precision sensors, which facilitate an accurate reading.
- Uses BIA technology to record information about body fat, water, muscle mass, visceral fat, bone mass, BMR, and BMI.
- Equipped with Bluetooth to sync to the mobile apps.
Scale Accuracy: 4/5
- The scale has a sleek, modern design and a large LED display.
- Comprehensive instruction manual.
- Automatically sends your data to the mobile app via bluetooth.
- Works with Apple Health.
- Mostly consistent readings when used properly.
- Affordable – good quality/price ratio.
- When using the scale, you have to be carefully balanced with bare (preferably damp) feet.
- The mobile could use some UI improvements.
- Doesn’t synch with Fitbit or other 3rd party apps.
- Some users report inconsistent fat percentage measurements.
In our testing, this scale does get close in terms of accuracy when it is used properly. As with other BIA scales it is recommended to use it at the same time of the day. An ideal time of day is at night, at least 2 hours after your last meal. Readings do fluctuate, but fortunately it synchs all data to a mobile app making it easy to keep track of the overall trend, even if you occassionally get a bad reading. The weight readings were very accurate, body fat slightly less. Our muscle mass readings did seem a little off, and unfortunately there are no settings that allow you to adjust based on body type, age, etc.
For a casual user looking to improve their body composition over time, this scale is a very affordable option at under $40. This is a great price point considering it offers fast and simple synching of your data via bluetooth to your mobile phone. The app is fairly simplistic and could use some UI improvements, but overall, this scale is very easy to use and looks great on your bathroom floor.